New Job....new car.......

theguvnor
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E46 M3 Vert
E34 520i SE Touring
Porsche 944 2.7

New Job....new car.......

Post by theguvnor » 23 Mar 2018, 18:35

Well for me its been a roller coaster couple of weeks a job i love, working with a great team has turned to sticky brown stuff in about three weeks. I won't bore you with all that but the upshot is a new job ( moving on up etc ) and a new motor. To begin with it will be a 67 plate Merc C Class Estate Drug Dealer Edition ( AMG Line ) but after a bit it will be my choice.

Now the interesting bit.........one choice for me is a top of the pops VW Amorak Highline 3.0V6 which is great for company car tax ( £120 quid vs £360 for the Merc ). I don't want to be paying loads of tax so its a pick up, or a hybrid.

So the hit list...

330e M Sport ... in budget but a bit small compared to my F10 5 M Sport
530e M Sport...now you are talking but a bit out of budget
VW Golf GTE.....small, but a quality motor and only £75 quid a month...

Lexus is out as Ruth has said I'm not Alan Partridge.......any other suggestions on Hybrids? Any one got any experience ?

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Re: New Job....new car.......

Post by RayB » 24 Mar 2018, 06:00

Pick ups are great, I've been considering getting another Navara actually. Parking them can be a pain though

Depends what you need it for, you can't leave anything of any value safely in the back of them though

M60NJP
Site Owner
Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Post by M60NJP » 24 Mar 2018, 08:47

+1 for pick-ups although the Amarok is huge!

If you're gonna do stellar mileage like the last job, I'd not get too hung up on the tax - you're gonna spend a lot of time in it so better a good ride, performance etc than 'only' tax effective.............

cockneyrebel
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: bmw E36 saloon.

Post by cockneyrebel » 24 Mar 2018, 09:29

Yup as above, your company hack is also your office (as witnessed :lol:) so comfort and LOTS of space required.

theguvnor
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: E46 M3 Vert
E34 520i SE Touring
Porsche 944 2.7

Post by theguvnor » 24 Mar 2018, 10:17

The Amorak is probably the one pick up i do like, and it is the top of the range version but as you all say its the miles. I probably won't be doing the 50k i did last year but still at least 40k. The one good thing with the hybrids is the company car tax is the same as the Amorak....

Ive had a look at the list price with vat of the Amorak and if I'm allowed to go for nearly new i might be able to get into a 530e M Sport ( G series ), but the Merc C class estate is available in hybrid AMG style ( no current BMW touring available ) which would give better boot space than the saloon with all the hybrid stuff reducing boot space.

Ive heard really good things about the Golf GTE, but it may be a tad too small.

Had a look at the Passat GTE ....£40k new!!!

Return to “Off topic - Anything Goes!”