Bimmerfest - Everything you need to know

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Bimmerfest - Everything you need to know

Post by RayB » 30 Jan 2018, 19:57

It's gonna be BIG! 35 cars now confirmed with 32 on stand

This year we will surpass all of the ones that preceded it. The plans are currently being made and as they become available I will update this thread with 'everything you need to know'.

Outlined below is pretty much what happens

For those traveling by overnight Ferry

HARWICH MEET POINT

Brewers Fayre Mayflower
Parkeston Road Parkeston Rd, Harwich CO12 4NX

Meet between 19-00 and 21-00hrs Friday 8th June
Departing at 21-30hrs for the ferry which is a five minute drive from the pub.

We will be booking table(s) for those interested to have a bite to eat before we get on the boat with two sittings at 200-00hrs and 20-30hrs

If your route is via the A12 please allow for traffic. The A12 does get very busy at this time of year on a Friday evening with people heading home from London and those going away for the weekend.

HARWICH INTERNATIONAL PORT

Station Rd, Parkeston, Harwich CO12 4SR

Boarding closes at 22-15hrs

Please note the restaurant and bar is only open for a short amount of time after boarding

Arrival at The Hook of Holland is 08-00hrs
Leaving the ferry we will all meet in the car park to the right as you go over the railway crossing.

We do have a discounted rate available for the ferry crossing(s) but you will need to send me a message for the contact details and code.

HOLIDAY PARK

Oostappen Vakantiepark Droomgard
Van Haestrechtstraat 24
5171 RC Kaatsheuvel

The Chalets are basic but do the job for a couple of nights especially after a few drinks! They sleep 6 people but be warned, there is a double and two twin rooms with the twin rooms being more suited for children! There is a bar, outdoor swimming pool and shop on site.

Check in is from 3pm on Friday

Essentials to bring with you other than the obvious......Towel and Toilet Roll

BBQ

On the Saturday and the Sunday evening we will do a BBQ for all even if you are staying locally in a hotel. Once again BMWE will supply the BBQ's, Coals and BBQ tools etc.

This year once again we will supply the meat, buns sauces and salad. The cost per head per night will be £7.50 for the food. Nearer the time I will ask you to send the money to paypal@bmwenthusiasts.co.uk via Paypal. If you have any special dietary requirements then bring your own! We don't do Veggie, Glutten free or Halal I'm afraid! Feel free to bring along additional food to sling on but I'm sure we'll have enough. It will basically be Burgers and Sausages........this is not to make a profit in any way!

Bring your own drink, there is a small shop on site that sells alcohol etc

If you prefer to eat elsewhere then that's fine

THE MAIN EVENT

Bimmerfest '18

Evenementenhal Gorinchem
Franklinweg 2
4207 HZ Gorinchem

Tickets are now on sale at £10 per ticket payable to paypal@bmwenthusiasts.co.uk Friends and family only please

It's roughly a half hour drive from the park. Meet time to be announced but PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS STAYING AT THE HOLIDAY PARK. It will be an early start on a Sunday morning and we do have some rather LOUD cars!

BMWE do not charge for stand space, you will need to pay for entry to the show though which is 15 Euros per person on the gate. We are doing tickets at a reduced rate of £10 per person until the end of April

Paddock passes will be handed out on Saturday evening or sent via E-Mail for you to print yourself if you are not staying at the park. Tickets will be sent via post to those not at the Holiday Park

MONDAY

Just do as you please! Some will be heading back via the tunnel and others on the overnight ferry either on the Sunday or Monday evening. There are a few doing a trip to Luxembourg on the Monday and returning Tuesday

Metroreg
Car model: E46 330ci Vert

Re: Bimmerfest - Everything you need to know

Post by Metroreg » 12 Feb 2018, 18:38

Thanks for the update @RayB :thumbup: :thumbup:
MODS TEAM
Sam

BMW Enthusiasts is a free club for everything BMW related

E46 330ci Vert

Check out our new home page! >> BMW Forum

RayB
Site Owner

Post by RayB » 19 Feb 2018, 17:56

Ferry Costs

For those interested......

Let's get this out of the way then I can sit back and relax for a few weeks

We have a contact at Stena and with a group booking we benefit from a discounted rate. You will need to send me a message and request the contact details. Simply send an E-Mail with your name(s) Registration number of your car. Crossing details (One way or Return) and cabin requirements. I will include a code that you will need to add within your E-Mail to benefit from the discount.

Payment is due 4 weeks before we travel but you can pay over the phone at anytime before that.

Outlined below are this years costs.

£59.00 each way for car and driver. Additional passengers will be £16.50 each way.

A single inside cabin is priced at £34.00 each way and a 2-berth inside cabin £45.00 each way per cabin.

Outside cabin prices and family cabins are available on request.

RayB
Site Owner

Post by RayB » 14 Apr 2018, 12:56

All updated with further info.....

Chat on our FB Group Events page https://www.facebook.com/events/303027380216753/

Return to “BMWE Meets & Events 2018”