Car 'Valuations' - Please post here!

A simple summary or things to consider and an unofficial Forum service for members if needed.

Re: Car 'Valuations' - Please post here!

Postby Iggy » 29 Mar 2017, 14:16

:lol:
Last edited by Iggy on 29 Mar 2017, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: E36 328 sport

Postby M60NJP » 29 Mar 2017, 14:37

Please read the first post in this thread!!
M60NJP
Site Owner

Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Postby Mad_Bmw_Driver » 03 Sep 2017, 21:01

Hi guys and girls I'm possibly looking at selling my vert next august for something bigger either a 7 series or a Chelsea tractor. And I'm unsure on a value for my old girl

Detail Your Car Additional Comments
Make (e.g. BMW) BMW
Model (e.g. 325). 320ci
Model Specific (e.g. E21) E46
Model Spec (e.g. SE) SE
Body Style (Saloon/Coupe/Convertible/ Tourer Convertible
Year of registration 2005
Registration Letter (from VRN) RN54 BOV
Number of previous keepers 4
Engine Size (cc) 2.2
Fuel (Petrol/Diesel/LPG/Hybrid). Petrol
Transmission (auto/manual/DSG) Manual
Colour Titan Silver
Actual Mileage 117,321
Service History (Yes/No/Part) Part history
Is service history with BMW Dealer or BMW independent garage? (Yes/No) Yes
Are service receipts available? Yes
MoT Expiry 28/07/2018
"Modifications/extras vs standard spec 8.5j BBS style 5 alloys, coilovers

"
"Describe in as much detail as possible the overall condition – inside and out. Try to be as honest and descriptive as possible!

The condition inside is immaculate the rear seats are in mint condition along with the passengers seat. The drivers seat has developed a hole in the bolster which I'm gonna get repaired. I wrapped the interior trim in carbon fibre wrap. The original radio developed a fault so I fitted a single din radio. The bodywork gleams and has a very small rust bubble the size of a pin head on the offside rear lower quarter where it joins the sill and the drivers wing has the same. Offside rear quarter has a light scratch (would probably come out with a machine polish). The near side quarter under the small window has a deep scratch. The boot could do with a machine polish as there are a few light marks where something has been dragged along it. The front bumper and rear bumper I will be replacing with standard or M sport bumpers as they are damaged from other drivers. The engine runs sweet as a nut no knocks or bangs. The roof works perfectly and has been deep cleaned and water proofed

"
"Add any additional information that might affect pricing – urgent sale, difficult location etc etc

I am looking at selling it next august with around 10 months MOT. Living in Peckham sometimes puts off buyers.
I'm only selling it as I will have had it 3 years next august and it's getting small for family life and really need a bigger car. Unless my misses learns to drive by next year I will keep the car as I love it best car I have owned

"
Mad_Bmw_Driver
BMW Enthusiast

Car model: 05 Bmw e46 320ci Vert
89 Austin Mini Mayfair Auto

Postby cockneyrebel » 04 Sep 2017, 08:41

Next August Steve !!! think we"d be better off doing this nearer the time as things like bodywork &mechanics can change dramatically in that time.
cockneyrebel

Car model: bmw E36 saloon.

Postby M60NJP » 04 Sep 2017, 09:00

cockneyrebel wrote:Next August Steve !!! think we"d be better off doing this nearer the time as things like bodywork & mechanics can change dramatically in that time.

I tend to agree with Si - too early to know what the market wil be doing or how many miles you'll add, how far the rust spreads. My 1st thought though is - don't try and sell in August!! For the best price and market, April/May is the time to sell!!

If you you were selling today, it'd probably be pitched around £2750- £2950 and expect to realise a bit less (allowing for Peckham discount!!).
M60NJP
Site Owner

Car model: 135i M Sport
Isetta 300

Postby cockneyrebel » 04 Sep 2017, 09:04

M60NJP wrote:
cockneyrebel wrote:Next August Steve !!! think we"d be better off doing this nearer the time as things like bodywork & mechanics can change dramatically in that time.

I tend to agree with Si - too early to know what the market wil be doing or how many miles you'll add, how far the rust spreads. My 1st thought though is - don't try and sell in August!! For the best price and market, April/May is the time to sell!!

If you you were selling today, it'd probably be pitched around £2750- £2950 and expect to realise a bit less (allowing for Peckham discount!!).

Peckham discount =)) =)) =))
cockneyrebel

Car model: bmw E36 saloon.

Postby RayB » 04 Sep 2017, 10:35

2.5k would be realistic but as above you're gonna struggle to sell it in August for a decent price
RayB
Site Owner

Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Postby Metroreg » 04 Sep 2017, 12:09

Like the guys said you might stuggle, poor cliff at the moment has been trying for the last couple of weeks to sell at £4k

Picked mine up at the start of july for £3K with a hardtop, better keep it till next year when the prices go back up

Even had trouble with my old vert luckly a guy need a car quick for the money i was asking for it
MODS TEAM
Sam

BMW Enthusiasts is a free club for everything BMW related

E46 330ci Vert

Check out our new home page! >> BMW Forum
Metroreg

Car model: E46 330ci Vert

Previous

Return to How much is my car worth?