Wheel and tyre sizes

Shanusascarabus
BMW Enthusiast
Car model: Focus Rover BRM

Re: Wheel and tyre sizes

Post by Shanusascarabus » 16 Jun 2017, 01:29

And another question.... offset, as previously stated the original fit alloys would have had an offset of 37 front and 39 rear.... if what I see on the web is correct then my wheels are 35.... does this mean ideally I should have 2mm spacers on the front, and 4mm on the rear... this I guess is quite important as I'd like a full wheel alignment at some point, if the wheels are not in the correct place then will an alignment do more harm than good??
Also... looking online it seems that on a 8.5 rim the minimum tyre size is 225 and max is 255.... the same sizes of the standard setup... would that work ??
Have I mentioned wheels and tyres confuse me ~x( :(( :?

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Post by RayB » 16 Jun 2017, 05:07

You'll be fine as the difference is minimal and you should never use spacers that small as they wouldn't be hubcentric. It's basically where the wheel sits within the arch.

You are already running the wheels so they obviously don't rub on either the suspension or the arch.

The alignment makes no difference as to where the wheel sits in the arch it is purely the alignment of them. Go with a 4 wheel laser one though

Shanusascarabus
BMW Enthusiast

Post by Shanusascarabus » 16 Jun 2017, 05:20

Yeah no issues whatsoever on anything.... maybe... and i mean just maybe the rears sit a tiny bit too far in the arch but I guess that's just a physical appearance..... as long as alignment and handling are not affected then all is good...

Fronts sit lovely....

Here's what I mean about the rears....

But maybe it's just me... I didn't see any issues at all before I knew about the original setup :lol:

RayB
Site Owner
Car model: 1998 E36 M3 Convertible

Post by RayB » 16 Jun 2017, 05:33

The rears do look a bit lost in there but you could add some spacers, 12mm would do the trick but you would need to check that to be sure

TPI are really good.....

http://www.taperpro.co.uk/2012/spacers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shanusascarabus
BMW Enthusiast

Post by Shanusascarabus » 16 Jun 2017, 05:40

I will take a look.... and get some measurements together...spacers and all matching tyre sizes would be best all round I guess... could rotate wheels if necessary

Return to “Wheels | Brakes | Tyres”